Last updated: June 17, 2021
Preamble: Interpretation and Definitions
The words used in this policy have meanings and are defined in the following manner – regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Online-Therapy.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: South Africa
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Online Marketing Solutions, accessible at https://www.online-therapy.co.za.
- You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
At Online Therapy (including this website) we acknowledge the importance of ensuring that your personal information and are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, transparently and in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
The information we collect
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you, for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and for delivering services according to our agreement.
We only collect information directly from you and when you offer this information you give us permission to use it for the above purposes.
Website usage information may also be collected using “cookies”, that is, to collect standard internet visitor usage information. It may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, the type of mobile device You use, type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers, information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service and other diagnostic data.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed upon with you, i.e. for purposes relating to our legitimate business operations, and includes the following: . In addition, where necessary your information may be retained…
- To facilitate the delivery of products and/or services requested by you.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication when necessary.
- To help us keep your account up to date and to identify you when you contact us.
- To establish your needs and preferences in relation to the products and/or services we provide.
- To provide you with information about additional/supplemental/supportive products or services we offer.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- To use for audit and record keeping purposes;
- To detect and prevent fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To use, when necessary, for legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers only when they are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We may also disclose your information:
- When we have a duty to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency) or in terms of industry codes;
- When we believe it is necessary to protect our rights, Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public or Protect against legal liability.
- When you have given your consent to share your information for other purposes.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Security of your Personal Data
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
We may contract with third parties to ensure the delivery of our products or services to you. Our service providers are legally bound to keep your personal information secure and confidential, and to exclusively use it for purposes which they have been contracted for. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Your Rights: Access to information
While we take steps to safeguard your personal information, process it lawfully and only share it with partners who we trust, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
- You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
- You have the right to ask us which of your personal information is shared with our suppliers, service providers, business partners or any other third party.
- You have the right to request us to update your personal information or even delete any information which is no longer accurate.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. However, kindly note that this may negatively influence our ability to fulfil our obligations towards you.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website at https://www.online-therapy.co.za/contact/
What can you do if you suspect an information breach?
We have and continue to implement reasonable security measures and protocols to protect the personal information we hold. These measures seek to protect any personal information we hold from being disclosed without authorisation, from loss, damage, destruction or unauthorised access.
As you will appreciate, no security system is infallible. Accordingly, we request that if you suspect that either you, or we, have had an information security breach, you should notify us immediately so that we can take appropriate action. You can notify us by contacting us on our website https://www.online-therapy.co.za